My Husband does not want me to stay with him


I have been married for four years, my husband lives in Saudi Arabia. I have a child , 3 years old. My husband though has got family visa now, doesn’t want me to stay with him as he cannot take up our responsibilities abroad. I love my husband alot and I was always very eagerly waiting to live with him there. I told him many times about my desire to live with him but always denied that he couldn’t take me . But because of his behaviour I m losing interest him and sometimes I think to come out of this relationship… please guide me in this situation


In the Name of Allaah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

Sister in Islaam,

We make du’aa that Allaah Ta’aala grants you courage to overcome your predicament. Aameen.

Your husband’s behavior is unfortunate. It is the duty of the husband to look after the needs of his wife and children. We advise you to identify a suitable person who has influence on your husband to intervene and resolve the issue. If he does not cooperate and persists in his negative attitude by not staying with you as a married couple, you may seek legal help through an attorney. You may then seek annulment of your nikaah through your local Muslim organization.

In the meantime, we advise you to perform Salaatul-Haajah every day and invoke Allaah Ta’aala to change the matter for the better. You may refer to the link below for the procedure of Salaatul-Haajah.

And Allaah Ta’aala Knows Best

Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.

Leave Yours +

No Comments

Leave a Reply

* Required Fields.
Your email will not be published.