I am battling to lose weight. I do not have the will power. Please give me a dua to read to control apetite and bloatness.
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.
Sister in Islam,
We understand your predicament and sympathize with your difficulty. May Allah (Subhanahau Wa Ta’ala) alleviate you from your predicament.Aameen.
The aspiration and endeavor of the Human Being is to attain the feeling of importance and appreciation. That feeling may spell itself out in various different ways such as the aspiration for wealth, brilliant children, flashy cars or even a slim, beautiful looking body. While there is nothing wrong with that; one should not compromise on the adherence of the laws and dictums of the Shariah. The Shariah should always remain the main focal point in our lives.
We advise you to practice on the following:
1. Fast every Monday and Thursday. You will be obtaining the reward of following the Sunnah and also lose weight concurrently.
2. Write down a dietary management timetable and keep it posted on your fridge, room wall, e.t.c as a reminder.
3. Force yourself to exercise daily. Impose a monetary fine on yourself for everyday in which you did not exercise.
4. The Muslim never gives up hope and loses courage, stay firm and resolute in the attainment of your goal. Every day after you wake up, tell yourself that you can do it and you will do it. Begin to believe in yourself and then you will see the realization of your dreams. Why do have to be sad, nervous, and pessimistic about life when you can change?
Consult with a dietician or your local doctor on how to achieve your goals. They may be in the best position to advise you and keep track of your progress.
In addition to the above, read the following Du’aas:
1. Transliteration: “Allahuma Athina Fid dunya Hasanah wa fil aakhirati hasanah wa Qina adhaaban naar”
Translation: “Oh Allah! Grant us goodness in this world and goodness in the Hereafter and protect us from the punishment of the Hellfire” (Bukhari, #6389, Muslim, # 2690)
لا اله الا أنت سبحانك اني كنت من الظالمين
2. Transliteration: “Laa Ilaha Illa anta subhanaka inny kuntu minaz zaalimeen”
Translation: “There is no deity besides you, you are glorified, indeed I am from the oppressed”
This is the Du’aa that Hadhrat Yunus (Alayhi al- Salam) had made while he was in the belly of the whale. Rasullullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said that this is such a Du’aa that no Muslim person recites it except that Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) will accept his Du’aa. (Tirmidhi, # 3500, Mustadrak lil Hakim, Vol.1, Pg.505, Al- Adhkaar, Pg. 196)
Duaa is the weapon of the believer, implore Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) to fulfil all your needs and alleviate you from all your predicaments/difficulties.
And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.
These posts are from questions posted to the ideal woman website.Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on www.lnxwebs02.cpt.wa.co.za/~dar601/ for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. IdealWoman.org bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
In order to maintain confidentiality, we change the identities and personal features of the question.