Many of our fellow brothers and sisters feel ‘lost’, defeated, and depressed. It seems to be that in the hustle and bustle of this Dunya (world) that we have forgotten how to ……smile. For many people it is a daily challenge to find reasons to smile. This state of negativity and doubt eats away at our khushoo (concentration) in ibadah as we are pre occupied by worry and stress.
Everything happens for a reason. This is the will of Allah. The details are known only to Allah. We need to place our trust in Him, supplicate to Him, be the best that we can be and let the rest go. We have no control over anything without the permission of Allah.
Shaytaan, the Kuffar (disbelievers) and our Nafs (desires) toy with our emotions when we are at our weakest. This clouds the judgement, damages our confidence, holds us back and ‘disempowers’ us as an Ummah.
You see dear sisters, we should never feel ‘defeated’, dis empowered or lost.
WE are the Ummah of the greatest man who ever lived.
WE are the Ummah of the most beloved to Allah.
WE are the Ummah of Rasulullah Sallallāhu Alayhi Wasallam.
So dust off your worries, make Dua and give charity. Move forward and increase your ibadah (worship). Be kind to the creation of Allah and Insha Allah, Allah will have mercy toward us.
Gain strength from knowing that Allah Ta’ala is with us and that no deed goes unnoticed!
So what am I trying to say?????
Our beloved Rasulullah Sallallāhu Alayhi Wasallam said that smiling at the creation of Allah Ta’ala (within the confines of shariah) is an act of charity and it is a Sunnah.
Here’s a few things on my list to smile about, what’s yours?
- I am a believer and Insha Allah will live, die and be resurrected on the Day of Judgement as a true believer. Ameen.
- I understand that my control over what happens is limited as only the Almighty can allow or deny events from happening. I understand that what is meant for me, will not miss me and that what is not for me, I will never have.
- I will be successful, Insha Allah because I understand that the world is temporary and has been created for me to use to my advantage. It is a means of me getting to my final destination of Jannatul Firdous, Insha Allah. Nothing in this world is forever, not even the mountains and springs. Ameen.
- I am loved by My Creator. I have many blessings to be grateful for and I have been created for a purpose. As I live to give Da’wah, worship Allah and love His creation, so too am I loved. I accept that I have flaws and that I have been created through the perfection of Allah to be imperfect as, nothing is perfect except Allah Ta’ala.
- I am aware that I am never alone as my Allah is always with me, regardless of the time of day of state that I may be in. All I have to do is call on my Rabb and He is available. I have a 24 Hour / 7 days a week connection with my Allah Ta’ala. There are no disconnected lines, lack of airtime etc. My Allah Ta’ala says that I should ask of Him when I need something and that it pleases Him that I do. But at the same time I must remember to make shukr for what I have already been given. I’ve learnt that even through Dua I earn reward and Allah’s favour and that it feels pretty good to make Duas for the Ummah. May Allah Ta’ala accept. Ameen.
- I am an Ummati of Rasulullah Sallallāhu Alayhi Wasallam and Insha Allah will be in his intercession, on the Day of Qiyamah by the grace of the Almighty Allah Ta’ala. Ameen.
In every situation in life, the believer is successful. Even when I am tested with an “unfortunate” situation, if I bear it with Sabr(patience), then I receive reward for it. I mean seriously though, how wonderful is that? Allahu Akbar!!!
So…what are your reasons to smile?
Let’s make Shukr and smile at another believer today.
Written By: Sister Ayesha Vadia Moola For Idealwoman.org