Which animals are not permissible to sacrifice during Eid ul Adha?
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.
The following animals are prohibited for sacrifice during Eid ul Adha:
- Blind, one eyed or has lost one third or more of its eyesight.
- Lost a third of the ear. Similarly, the animal which has no ear from birth.
- Animals whose horn or both horns have been broken off from its root.
- Leg being lame to the extent that it walks on three legs only, and is unable to use the fourth leg.
- Lean and thin that it has no marrow.
- Weak that it cannot walk to the place of slaughtering on its own.
- No teeth or lost most of its teeth.(Shaami Vol .6 pg 323)
And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.