Stress is an everyday occurrence for us all. Not all stress is bad. However, it must be kept under control to prevent undue harm to the person’s physical and psychological well being. People are different and have different habits. Therefore decide which approach works for you.
Here’s a list of ways to beat the stressors of modern day living.
- Strengthen your Eeman (faith), by occupying yourself in the zikr (remembrance) of Allah Taála. Satisfy your spiritual needs by making your ibaadat (worship) and having Taqwa.
- Be in awe at the beauty of the Almighty’s creation by watching the sun rise or by gazing at the stars.
- Enjoy a daily nap for rejuvenation. Qaylullah does wonders and helps you feel refreshed and ready to take on the world.
- Make a new friend or chat to an “old”one.
- Be proactive and be the one to make salaam first. Love your sister for the pleasure of Allah Ta’ála and expect nothing in return in this dunya (world).
- Reminisce and laugh.
- Make somebody smile by sharing with them. Surprise them with baking or a small gift. Why not share a good joke?
- Teach others the skill that you have to offer. Everybody has something. Carry it out in an informal setting and enjoy it.
- Invest in a hobby. Be fun and get out of your comfort zone. Crosswords, colouring in, painting or writing are just a few examples. Find your talent and go for it!
- Ponder deeply over life.
- Just imagine!
- Humour yourself.