The righteous wife is the pillar, cornerstone, and foundation of the family. She is seen as the greatest joy in a man’s life, as the Prophet Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam said:
“This world is just temporary conveniences, and the best comfort in this world is a righteous woman.”
All women have the ornaments that Allah blessed them with. Use the beauty Allah Azza wajal has bestowed you with to win the heart of your husband.
Successful marriages require patience, kindness, humility, sacrifice, empathy, love, understanding, forgiveness, and hard work.
- Following these principles should help any marriage to improve.
- When your husband comes home, greet him with a cheerful face. Greeting your husband with a salaam, a smile, and a hug is sure to set a peaceful atmosphere right away. Be sensitive to his moods, feelings, and needs. Don’t start complaining or burden him with problems as soon as he comes home; rather, welcome him and make him feel good to be home.
- Dress up for your husband at home. Wear the colors and clothes that he likes to see you in and use perfume, jewelry – in short, whatever it takes to be attractive to him.
- Don’t keep feelings of gratitude to yourself – express your gratitude, say Jazak’allah khayr constantly for the nice things he does. This is one of the most important techniques, as the opposite is a characteristic of the women of Jahannam.
- An argument is a fire in the house. Extinguish it with a simple ‘I’m sorry’ even if it is not your fault.
- When you fight back, you are only adding wood to the fire. Watch how sweetly an argument will end when you just say sincerely, I’m sorry, please forgive me. Remember- Resisting the temptation to prove your point will win you a lot of points!
- Encourage him to spend in the path of Allah Azza wajal,and not to waste money in extravagance and ostentatious purchases, as we see so many ignorant and misguided women doing.
- The ideal wife always wants goodness and success for her husband, so she urges him to do good deeds and encourages him to go out in the path of Allah.
- Remember that your husband is the Ameer of the household. Give him that right and respect. Always seek to please your husband, for he is your key to Jannah. As long as obedience to him does not entail any sin, it is your duty to obey him. Allah’s Messenger Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam said: “Any woman who dies and her husband is pleased with her, will enter Paradise.’’
- The essence of them all can be summed up in one sentence:
- Always treat your spouse the way you would like to be treated. If you follow this rule, your marriage will have a much greater chance for success. If you discard this rule, failure is just around the corner.
Make Dua to Allah to make your marriage and relationship successful.
All good things are from Allah. Never forget to ask Allah Azza wajal for the blessing of having a successful marriage that begins in this Dunya and continues on – by the Mercy of Allah – into Jannah!