One of the best reasons to make your own facial masks is because you can normally find the ingredients right in your home – or at a quick trip to your grocery store. Facials are an ideal way to purify, cleanse and moisturize your skin.
There are relatively easy and inexpensive to make, especially compared to the cost of facial masks you get in specialty beauty shops. Many spas used their own formulas and facial recipes similar to the ones below. Creating your own spa at home and enjoying it adds to the stress-free relief of these facials.
Some useful tips:
Before applying any facial mask clean your with fresh water. Take off all cosmetics, creams, lotions, in short: everything. When finished, pat your skin dry.
Even better is to take a hot shower or a steam bath to clean and open up your pores.
Keep in mind that not all facial masks recipes are for every skin type. You will need to read through these recipes and decide if this is the facial mask for you based on your knowledge of your skin type.
1) Combine a packet of plain instant oatmeal, 2 tbsp. honey and 2 tbsp. buttermilk in a blender until the ingredients are mixed together well. Pour the mixture into a bowl and set it aside.
2)Blend 1/2 cup skinless blanched almonds in the blender until they are chopped into fine pieces. Pour the oatmeal, honey and buttermilk mixture back into the blender with the almonds and blend until the mixture is smooth.
3) Apply the mask over your face and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
4) Rinse with lukewarm water.
Avocado is packed with nutrition and beneficial fats. You can reap the benefits that avocados offer when you eat them, but also when you use the fruit to create a face mask. The smoothness of the avocado makes the mask easy to apply, and when combined with other ingredients, can give your dry skin moisture.
1) Choose an avocado that is ripe and fairly pliant to the touch.
2) Scrape the avocado from the skin with a fork, and deposit all of the flesh into a mixing bowl. Mash the avocado with your fork until smooth.
3) Add some honey to the mashed avocado. Add 1 tsp. olive oil if the honey and avocado mixture is stiff and not easy to stir. Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
4) Apply the avocado face mask in thin layers with your fingers, adding more when necessary to ensure your entire face is covered. Using too much avocado will just cause the mask to fall off your face before it has had a chance to dry. Leave the mask on for 20 minutes or until dried.
5) Rinse off with lukewarm water.