By Hakimul Ummah Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi
Everyone spends his life-span but a pertinent question is: who fulfills the right of living?
Animals bereft of wisdom and intelligence also pass their lives. However, a human being endowed with wisdom and intelligence spends a much more excellent and superior type of life. Similarly, a disbeliever also passes the days of his life wandering in the darkness of misguidance and deviation. However, his life is quite different from that of a Muslim who lives a secure, smooth life in accordance with the guidelines of divine revelation. The day and night of a disbeliever is spent in spiritual darkness whereas a Muslim spends his day and night in spiritual light. Hence, a pertinent question arises: how should every Muslim spend his day and night so that his life could easily be distinguished from that of a disbeliever?
Every Muslim should spend his/her day and night as follows:
11. Do not display laziness in executing any act of ‘ibadah.
12. Try and spend most of your time in seclusion.
13. If you have to meet and converse with others, meet them with humility and do not display your greatness.
14. Associate very little with rulers and those who hold high positions.
15. Stay very far from the irreligious people.
16. Do not search for the faults of others. Do not have evil thoughts about anyone. Instead, look at your own faults and try to put them in order.
17. You should be very particular in offering your Salaat in the proper manner, at the proper time and with great concentration.
18. Always occupy yourself in the remembrance of Allah either with your heart or tongue. Do not be neglectful in this regard at any time.
19. If you experience any satisfaction in taking the name of Allah and your heart feels happy over this, then express your gratitude to Allah.
20. Speak in a nice and humble way.
(To Be Continued…)