Sisters, your role in society is like the role of the archers in the battle of Uhud. They were not at the forefront or in the thick of the action, BUT they held the most important position. They guarded the army. If they moved, the whole army would be uncovered and defeated. In the same way, if you leave your most important position, you leave the army-the Ummah uncovered.
- You are the silent heroes,
- You are the foundational structure of great generations,
- You are the mothers who look after the family,
- You are the first of the teachers of this Ummah,
- You are the ones who teach the Muslim men courage, truthfulness, kindness, perseverance, and patience,
- You are the carer’s of the men of this Ummah,
- The success of this Ummah lies upon your shoulders.
Allah states that a woman’s primary abode is her home. This does not mean she plays no role in society. She is like the engine of a car hidden in the bonnet. Everything of the car is meaningless without the engine. The engine being concealed does not mean it is insignificant. Infact, being concealed reveals its real value.
A woman is like a live wire tucked away. If it is exposed it will shock people. It is concealed yet provides the current for electricity. A woman is like the battery in a mobile phone. All the features of the mobile phone mean nothing if the battery is not there. It is concealed but provides the main function.
Being concealed and doing what Allah wants us to do reveals the real value of women.