1. Knowledge that is not implemented.
2. An action that is empty of sincerity, and is not based on the correct example.
3. Wealth that is hoarded, as the owner neither enjoys it during this life, nor obtains any reward for it in the hereafter.
4. The heart that is empty of love and longing for Allāh, and of seeking closeness to Him.
5. A body that does not obey and serve Allāh.
6. Loving Allāh without seeking His pleasure.
7. Time that is not spent in expiating sins or seizing opportunities to perform deeds of righteousness that will bring one closer to Allāh.
8. A mind that thinks about issues which bring about no benefit.
9. Serving those who neither bring you close to Allāh or benefit you in your life.
10. Hoping and fearing one who is under the authority of Allāh, and whose forehead is in His Hand, while he cannot bring any benefit, harm, life, death, or resurrection to himself.
However, the greatest of these matters is the wasting of the heart, and the wasting of time. Wasting the heart is done by preferring this worldly life over the Hereafter, and wasting time is done by having incessant hopes.
All evil is in following one’s desires and having incessant hopes, while all goodness is found in following the right path and preparing oneself to meet Allāh, and Allāh is the source of Assistance.”